Von-Bach to Windhoek Water Transfer Scheme
User-Client: Namibia Water Corporation Ltd
Contractor: EMS Contractors
Contract Status: Completed November 2014
Contract Value: N$ 200 million
• Each of the three pump stations is equipped with four 1200 kW 690 V water-cooled motors powering 1800 m3/h HSC centrifugal pumps. (Fifth pump set to be installed in future)
• A transformer, harmonic filter and Variable Speed Drive (VSD) for each individual pump set to power the 1200 kW motor. (4800 kW per pump station; 14,400 kW for the entire scheme)
• Inlet and outlet manifolds with a diameter of 1,200 mm including branch pipes, valves and fittings.
• Discharge manifolds equipped with Nitrogen charged surge relief valves.
• All equipment housed in a new building with electric operated gantry.
• Upgraded power supply lines and HT transformers by NamPower.
The completed Base Station near the Von Bach purification plant:
• Main equipment makes are Danfos VSDs, Actom watercooled motors, KSB HSC centrifugal pumps.
• Performance per pump station: 5400 m3/h against a maximum head of 170 mWH (Maximum total pumping head to Windhoek 540 mWH with total static head 346 mWH)
• Three duty pump sets and one standby unit.